Yes I know. This is becoming something of a quarterly, but given the varied claims on my time such is the ineluctable fate of this blog. Anyway precedent is on my side - the Far Eastern Economic Review is doing very well as a monthly publication. So, back to business. I have a habit of spelling out my personal goals on this page, and this practice will not stop. After the recently concluded Common Tests, I took some time out to consider my options for the future. (For the sceptics out there, though I doubt anyone would be reading this, I still haven't gotten an 'F' in any subject yet). Basically, the consensus which my head and my heart came to after hours of rumination is that
a) I will not sign on with the SAF
b) I want to be an employee of NKF.
I would have thought the above statements self-evident, but nevertheless I shall attempt to justify to the neutral observer, sans prolixity, the soundness of my position. The heart, which gets to speak first, says that working in a charity allows me the opportunity to return to society what it has given me, and that the scope of my job would lead directly to the benefit of 2000-3000 patients who need dialysis. So much for that. Now for the head bit. El Dorado, as described at some length by Voltaire in Candide, is not a place bound by the human construct of three dimensional space. It is a rather fluid concept that evolves with the times, and in our day and age it would seem that the NKF is the true embodiment of this abstract ideal. I am dearly looking forward to the day when I get to be chauffeured around in a Benz, fly first-class on Air Emirates and collect a hefty 12 month bonus at the end of the year (which, of course, has 12 months). Oh yes, before I forget, my invitation to use the bathroom still stands.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home